|Waleford: Robert Pincerna from Earl Roger.|
On the site of a Roman fort.
|Walle: Ralph de Mortimer from Earl Roger.|
Named after an early lord of the manor, Walter FitzJohn.
|Uptone: Roger de Lacy from Earl Roger. Mill.|
Georgian hall with farm buildings and a Norman keep, one of the chain of defences against the Welsh.
|Wetesburg: Roger FitzCorbet from Earl Roger.|
17th century Seveon's Mill, now derelict.
|Huelbec: Roger FitzCorbet from Earl Roger. Mill.|
Industrial town, a manufacturing centre for glass and nails during the 19th century.
|Walitone: Earl Roger. Mill, 2 fisheries.|
On the Welsh border; Hampton House.
|Hantone: Rainald the Sheriff from Earl Roger and Albert from him.|
Small market town. The notorious Judge Jeffreys was sold the barony of Wem in 1685.
|Weme: William Pantulf from Earl Roger. Falcon's eyrie, enclosed hunting wood.|
Stone built along the Long Mynd. Robury Ring is a rectangular camp.
|Wantenoure: Roger FitzCorbet from Earl Roger.|
|Wesberie: Roger FitzCorbet from Earl Roger.|
Castle mound and moat.
|Feltone: Rainald the Sheriff from Earl Roger.|
In Hope Dale; moated site; manor house, 1901.
|Weshone: Picot from Earl Roger.|
Ancient Wat's Dyke nearby.
|Westune: Rainald the Sheriff from Earl Roger.|
|Westone: Rainald the Sheriff from Earl Roger.|
Weston under Redcastle
Pretty; parkland scenery; 13th century Red Castle, now ruined; Bury Walls, an Iron Age fort.
|Westune: Ranulf Peverel from Earl Roger.|
|Waltham: Roger de Lacy from Earl Roger.|
Town with Georgian buildings; birthplace of Edward German the composer (1862-1936).
|Westune / tone: William de Warenne from Earl Roger, formerly Earl Harold. 3 enclosed hunting woods.|
Gatehouse of a 13th century castle.
|Wititone: Earl Roger. Mill.|
Whitton Hall; Whitton Grange; Whitton Farm.
|Wibetune: Roger FitzCorbet from Earl Roger.|
Near the Welsh border; moated site.
|Witehala: Ranulf Peverel from Earl Roger.|
|Wigewic: Turold from Earl Roger.|
Remains of motte and bailey castle.
|Wildredelega: Hugh son of Turgis from Earl Roger.|
The old village was removed in c.1815 to provide privacy for the Forrester family.
|Wilit: Turold from Earl Roger.|
|Wineslei: Roger FitzCorbet from Earl Roger.|
Moated site; weir on the River Onny.
|Wistanestou: Nigel the Doctor.|
|Wientone: Fulco from Earl Roger.|
Motte and bailey castle site.
|Willavestune: Roger FitzCorbet from Earl Roger.|
On the River Tern.
|Uluretone: Gerard from Earl Roger. Mill.|
Isolated; Wolverley Hall.
|Ulwardelege: William Pantulf from Earl Roger.|
|Umbruntune: Robert FitzCorbet from Earl Roger.|
Woodcote (in Bicton)
|Udecote: Robert FitzCorbet from Earl Roger.|
Woodcote (near Newport)
|Udecote: Robert FitzTetbald from Earl Roger.|
Quiet; Castle Bank, the probable site of a pre-1292 manor house.
|Ulestanestune: Robert FitzCorbet from Earl Roger.|
Woolston (in West Felton)
St Winifred's well marks the spot where the saint's body rested on its way from Holywell to Shrewsbury.
|Osuluestune: Rainald the Sheriff from Earl Roger.|
Woolston (in Wistanstow)
|Wistanestune: Picot from Earl Roger.|
Large; hall; moated site at Syllenhurst Farm.
|Waure: William Malbedeng from Earl Roger.|
|Udetone: Rainald the Sheriff from Earl Roger.|
|Guruelde / Wrfeld: Hugh de Montgumeri. 3 mills, fishery.|
Large; on Rea Brook.
|Wrdine: Roger FitzCorbet from Earl Roger. 2 mills, enclosed hunting woods.|
|Udevertune: Alward son of Elmund, the pre-Conquest holder, from Earl Roger. Mill.|
|Werentenehale: Roger Venator from Earl Roger. Enclosed hunting wood.|
Norman church; Jacobean Hall.
|Recordine: Earl Roger with the Church of St. Peter holding the church.|
The Roman city of Viriconium. Saxon church.
|Rochecestre: Rainald the Sheriff from Earl Roger. Church.|
|Wiche: Odo from Earl Roger. Fishery.|