Also called Cloverley and Corra; medieval moated sites nearby.
|Cavrahalle: Nigel from Earl Roger.|
Quiet; on Cound Brook.
|Cantelop: Norman from Earl Roger. Mill.|
|Cartistune: Roger FitzCorbet from Earl Roger.|
Pretty; on a hillside.
|Cardintune: Rainald the Sheriff from Earl Roger.|
|Cateschesleie: Ralph de Mortimer from Earl Roger.|
Earthworks of castle founded by Roger FitzCorbet. A Royalist garrison during the Civil War, it was besieged for 12 days by Parliamentary forces and then destroyed.
|Alretone: Earl Roger and Roger FitzCorbet from him.|
On Ledwyche Brook; Caynham Camp, an Iron Age hill-fort.
|Caiham: Ralph de Mortimer from Earl Roger. Hill.|
Quiet; small manor house.
|Cerlecote: Helgot from Earl Roger.|
Scattered; 13th century hall. Hugh de Mortimer built the chancel of the present church in c.1345.
|Celmeres: Ralph de Mortimer from Earl Roger.|
|Elmundewic: Hugh son of Turgis from Earl Roger.|
Farming; moated manor house.
|Languefelle: Siward, the pre-Conquest holder, from Earl Roger.|
Scattered. The half-timbered moated manor house, dated 1635, is supposed to be the original 'House that Jack built'.
|Cerlintone: Gerard from Earl Roger.|
|Ciseworde: Robert de Stratford and Gilbert from him.|
Beautifully situated; mill downstream.
|Catinton: Earl Roger. New mill.|
Chetwynd mansion and park, haunted by the ghost of Mrs Pigott (one of the family), who was killed in childbirth.
|Catewinde: Turold from Earl Roger. Mill, 2 fisheries (64 sticks of eels).|
|Arcalun: Rainald the Sheriff from Earl Roger.|
Large; includes Cheswardine Hall.
|Ceppecanole: Robert de Stratford and Gilbert from him.|
Compact; castle mound; nave and aisle of an Augustinian priory.
|Cireberie: Earl Roger. 2 churches.|
On a hillside, overlooking the River Onny.
|Cautune: Robert FitzCorbet from Earl Roger.|
Quiet; Preen Manor, built by Norman Shaw 1870-71 as an extension of an existing building.
|Prene: Helgot from Earl Roger.|
Motte of a Norman castle at Castle Pulverbatch nearby.
|Polrebec: Roger Venator from Earl Roger.|
Large; sprawling. The original fabric of a church built by Earl Roger is still visible.
|Claverlege: Earl Roger. Mill.|
Clee St. Margaret
On a hill; Clee Brook.
|Cleie: Helgot from Earl Roger. Mill.|
|Clee: Church of St. Milburga.|
Town with a fortress destroyed by Henry II c.1154 and rebuilt by the Mortimers; part of the castle remains.
|Claiberie / Cleberie: Ralph de Mortimer, formerly Queen Edith. Mill (2 horseloads of corn).|
|Claiberie / Cleberie: Roger de Lacy and Ulward from him. Mill.|
Quiet; on the River Clun.
|Cluneberie: Picot from Earl Roger.|
On the River Clun. The latter part of its name is a corruption of Gunward.
|Clone: Rainald the Sheriff and Picot from Earl Roger, formerly Gunward. 2 mills.|
|Clutune: Picot from Earl Roger.|
2 clusters of houses, Cold Hatton and Cold Hatton Heath.
|Hatune: Gerard from Earl Roger.|
The mere from which it takes its name is part of a country park; rich agricultural land.
|Colesmere: Norman from Earl Roger.|
Large; late Norman church. The hall is the best Elizabethan house in Shropshire.
|Conendovre: Earl Roger and Roger Venator, Osbern and Elward from him.|
Name of a large parish with many hill farms.
|Cornelie: Ralph de Mortimer.|
|Corfan: Earl Roger, formerly King Edward, with Church of St. Peter holding the church.|
Enclosed hunting wood. Remains of a medieval chapel; Elsich, a stone Elizabethan house.
|Cortune: Roger de Lacy from Earl Roger.|
Airfield; museum; waterworks; wooded setting.
|Costeford: Ralph de Mortimer from Earl Roger.|
Coston Manor House.
|Cozetune: Picot from Earl Roger.|
|Cotardictoe: Avenel from Earl Roger.|
Coton (in Wem)
Scattered community; hall in parkland.
|Cote: William Pantulf from Earl Roger.|
Coton upon Tern
|Ludecote: Ralph the Cook and Thochi from Earl Roger.|
On Cound Brook; hall, 1704, built for Edward Cressett (later Bishop of Llandaff).
|Cuneet: Rainald the Sheriff from Earl Roger. 2 mills.|
Large; Severnside. St. Augustine of Canterbury is said to have found the district already Christian in c.600.
|Cristesache: Ranulf Peverel from Earl Roger. Fishery.|
|Corselle: William Pantulf from Earl Roger.|
On crossroads; by confluence of the Rivers Strine and Tern.
|Crugetone: Robert Pincerna from Earl Roger. 4 fisheries.|
Culmington Quiet; Culmington Manor School nearby.