|Cadewelle: Brown the priest, the pre-Conquest holder.|
|Cersetone / Cersitone / Chersitone: Wadard and Ilbert from Bishop of Bayeux. Mill, fishery (175 eels).|
Caversfield House; Norman church with an early 13th century bell, the county's oldest.
|Castrefelle: Bryant from William de Warenne. Fishpond.|
Chadlington Manor House; prehistoric remains on Chadlington downs; trackway, enclosure, standing stone ('The Hawk Stone') and barrows.
|Cedelintone: Reginald the Archer and Siward Hunter from the king.|
Now 2 hamlets, Chalford Green and Old Chalford.
|Celford: Robert from Henry de Ferrers. Mill.|
On Chalgrove Field (1643) a skirmish was fought between Royalists and Parliamentarians in which John Hampden was mortally wounded.
|Celgraue: Miles Crispin. 5 mills.|
Charlton on Otmoor
White-clad village girls bring the 'May Cross' of flowers in procession to the church every May Day.
|Cerlentone: Roger d'Ivry from Hugh de Grandmesnil.|
|Cestitone: Urse, Ilbert, Ralph and Ansketel from Bishop of Bayeux; Henry de Ferrers from Winchcombe Abbey; Aelfric from the king. Mill.|
Traditonally, the tenure of Wyfold Court is held on condition its owner presents a rose to the king if he passes that way on May Day.
|Cecadene: Alfred nephew of Wigot.|
Roman Akerman Street; remains of the Roman town of Alchester.
|Cestretone: William from Miles Crispin. Mill.|
|Celelorde: Hugh from Roger d'Ivry; Hascoit Musard.|
|Nortone: Arnulf de Hesdin. 3 mills.|
|Cibbaherste: Count of Evreux.|
Birthplace of Warren Hastings (1731-1818).
|Cercelle: Walter from Earl Hugh, formerly Earl Harold. 2 mills.|
|Chenefelde: Payne from Roger d'Ivry.|
|Coges: Wadard from Bishop of Bayeux. Mill.|
Church, rebuilt c.1400 by the monks of Eynsham, to whom it had belonged since Norman times.
|Cumbe: Bishop of Bayeux. Mill.|
Cornbury Park House.
|Corneberie: Reginald. Forests.|
|Cornewelle: Ansketel from Earl William. Mill.|
|Cotesforde: Roger d'Ivry from Hugh de Grandmesnil.|
Adjoining Oxford; motor works.
|Covelie: Roger from Bishop of Bayeux; Roger from Count Eustace; Toli from Miles Crispin; Leofwin from the king. 2 mills, 2 fisheries.|
Charles I won the Battle of Cropredy Bridge (1646).
|Cropelie: Ansgered, Gilbert, Theodoric, Richard, Edward and 2 Roberts from Bishop of Lincoln. 5 mills.|
|Clawelle: William Peverel.|
Norman church, once a leper hospital.
|Craumares: Hugh from Walter Giffard, formerly Earl Harold. 2 mills.|
Bishop of Oxford's palace; theological college.
|Codesdone: Abingdon Abbey. Mill, 2 fisheries.|
|Codesdlam / lane: Siward from the Canons of Oxford; Alfred the Clerk from Roger d'Ivry.|
|Cuchesham: Alfred from Miles Crispin. 3 mills.|