17th century manor house and rectory.
|Pas(s)eham / Passonham: King's land and Reginald from the king. Mill.|
Partly Saxon church; Roman Watling Street. Simon de Pattishall supported the barons against King John.
|Pascelle: Walter the Fleming. 2 mills, church.|
|Pirie: Robert from William Peverel. Mill.|
City, a brickmaking centre, with a fine Norman cathedral begun in 1118.
|Burg: Peterborough Abbey. Mill.|
|Pidentone: Gilbert from Countess Judith.|
|Pillesgate: Peterborough Abbey. Mill.|
|Pilchetone: Roger from Peterborough Abbey.|
|Pipewelle: Humphrey from Count of Mortain; Roger from Robert de Tosny; Dodin from Walter the Fleming.|
Scattered; Long Barrow nearby.
|Pidesford / Pitesford: Count of Mortain, Fulchere from Walter the Fleming. 2 mills.|
Jacobean manor house.
|Pluntune: Leofnoth from Walter the Fleming.|
Jacobean hall, early Norman church, probably built by the masons of Peterborough Cathedral.
|Pochebroc: Eustace and Geoffrey from Peterborough Abbey; Alfred from Eustace of Huntingdon.|
Expanding; on Roman Watling Street.
|Perie / Pirie: Henry de Ferrers; William Peverel from Countess Judith. Mill.|
Now Preston Capes; remains of 11th century castle. Nearby, hamlet of Little Preston.
|Prestetone: Count of Mortain and Ralph and Nigel from him.|
|Prestone: Winemar from Bishop of Coutances and Countess Judith.|
Now 2 hamlets, Great and Little Purston.
|Pres(te)tone: Count of Mortain; Robert d'Oilly.|
|Pocheslai / lei: King's land; William from Bishop of Bayeux.|
Jacobean manor house. Lords of the Manor were obliged by ancient tradition to keep hounds here to destroy vermin. The famous pack of hounds was formally established in the mid-18th century.
|Picteslei / Pi(h)teslea: Azo from Peterborough Abbey; Count of Mortain; William from the king. Mill.|