|Badebi: Crowland Abbey. Mill. Pretty; ironstone.|
|Berchebi: Payne from William Peverel.|
|Bereford(e): Oslac White with 2 freemen from the king. Mill.|
Barnack Rag, quarried here from Roman times to the 18th century, was used to build cathedrals, abbeys and the local Saxon church; Saxon tower.
|Bernac: Odbert from William FitzAnsculf.|
Remains of 13th century castle in the grounds of Tudor Barnwell Castle.
|Bernewelle: King's land; Ramsey Abbey. 2 mills.|
Expanding; Queen Anne rectory; Georgian hall.
|Bertone: Robert from Bishop of Coutances. 2 mills.|
Medieval castle site.
|Benefeld: Richard the Artificer.|
District of Bellinge, containing former villages of Great and Little Billing, now lost among housing estates. Great Billing church was consecrated in 1759 because it was thought the Devil had destroyed its spire.
|Bel(l)inge / Bellica: Count of Mortain; Gunfrid de Chocques; Gilbert de Cook. 2 mills.|
The poet John Dryden lived here.
|Baculveslea / Blachesleuue / Blaculveslea / Blaculveslei: King's land; Saegrim from Count of Mortain; Earl Hugh; Walter from William Peverel. Mill.|
|Blarewiche: Norman from Robert de Bucy. Mill.|
Grand Union Canal.
|Blidesworde: William Peverel. Mill.|
Now 2 hamlets, Lower and Upper Boddington.
|Botendone: Leofwin from Count of Mortain; Robert from Earl Hugh.|
On the edge of suburban Northampton.
|Bochetone / Buchedone / Buchetone / Buchenho: Godwin the priest from the king; Robert from Robert de Bucy; Countess Judith and Gerard from her.|
Boughton (in Weekley)
17th century Boughton House; grounds by Le Notre.
|Boctone: St. Edmund's Abbey; Gunfrid de Chocques. Mill.|
|Bosieta / Bosiete: Lancelin and William Peverel; Thurstan and Winemar from Countess Judith.|
|Brachelai: King's land. Church, mill.|
|Bradene: William frrom Robert de Bucy; David.|
Brafield on the Green
|Brache(s)feld / Bragefelde: William from Bishop of Bayeux; Countess Judith and Winemar from her.|
2 adjoining hamlets, Chapel and Church Brampton.
|Brantone: Wulfmer from the Count of Mortain. Mill.|
Sarah, Duchess of Marlborough, is said to have won the manor while gambling with a member of the Norwich family, who had held it since 1427.
|Brantone: Hildwin from Robert de Tosny; Hugh from Robert de Bucy; Countess Judith.|
|Brandestone: William from Bishop of Bayeux; Walter d'Aincourt. Mill.|
Medieval castle earthworks.
|Badebroc / Baiebroc / Bradebroc: St. Edmund's Abbey; Grestain Abbey; Robert de Vessey; Hugh from Robert de Bucy.|
Saxon church tower; medieval manor; market cross.
|Bricstoc: King's land. Mill.|
Now 2 villages, Little Brington, with a Roman road, and Great Brington.
|Brin(in)tone: Count of Mortain; William Peverel.|
Large; Saxon church, probably the finest surviving 7th century building north of the Alps.
|Briclesworde: King's land; 2 mills, priest.|
Jacobean manor house; Elizabethan hall.
|Brocole: Count of Mortain.|
|Burtone: King's land; Countess Judith.|
Mill; manor house.
|Buchebroc(h): Count of Mortain. 2 mills.|
Elizabethan Burghley House, home of the Cecil family since c.1520.
|Burglea: Geoffrey from Peterborough Abbey.|
Small industrial town; mill.
|Burtone: Walkelin and Richard from Bishop of Coutances; Guy de Raimbeaucourt. 2 mills.|
|Bifelde / Bivelde: Ivo from Hugh de Grandmesnil; Robert from Earl Hugh.|