|Wading(e)ham: King's land; Bishop of Bayeux and Ilbert from him; Gocelin FitzLanbert; Heppo the Arblaster; Alden and Alfain from the king. Mill.|
Town on the outskirts of Lincoln.
|Wadintone / tune: Earl Hugh, formerly Earl Harold. Church, mills.|
Farmhouse. The church bell fell on the last Sunday before WWI, and again in 1939.
|Wa(l)dingurde: Bishop of Durham; Eudo FitzSpirwic.|
Market town of Wainfleet All Saints, once a port but now 5 miles from the sea; also the village of Wainfleet St. Mary, with ancient salt-works.
|Wenflet / Wernflet: Bishop of Durham; Earl Hugh; Gilbert de Ghent; Gocelin FitzLanbert; Eudo FitzSpirwic. 7 salt-pans, 20 salt-pans (with Calceby, etc.).|
Church with an Anglo-Saxon central tower.
|Wade: Bishop of Bayeux; Count Alan; Ivo Tailbois; Guy de Craon.|
Walcot (near Folkingham)
Church with Norman work.
|Walecote: Abbot of Peterborough; Gilbert de Ghent. 1½ churches.|
Walcote (in Billinghay)
|Walecote: Archbishop of York; Walter d'Aincourt.|
Walcote on Trent
|Walecote: Ivo from Abbot of Peterborough; Earl Hugh; Norman d'Arci and Robert from him; Ernis de Burun.|
Roman villa site.
|Walesbi: Ivo Tailbois; Roger de Poitou; Rayner de Brimou and Baldwin from him. Mill (with Osgodby, etc.).|
Walmsgate A few farms; large barrows nearby.
|Waltham: Count Alan. Church, 2 salt-pans.|
|Washingburg: King's land.|
|Watretone: Geoffrey de La Guerche.|
District of Grimsby.
|Wivelesbi: Drogo de Beuvriere and Robert from him.|
|Wellebrune: Robert Malet. Church, mill.|
Near the Roman Ermine Street.
|Wellebi: King's land; Guy de Craon. Church.|
|Welle: Bishop of Bayeux; Gilbert de Ghent and Ravemer from him. Mill.|
|Wel(l)ingoure: King's land; Durand Malet. Church.|
Welton (near Lincoln)
|Welletone: Bishop of Lincoln and 6 canons from him.|
Welton le Marsh
|Waletone / tune: Ivo Tailbois; Gilbert de Ghent; Gocelin FitzLanbert and Rayner from him.|
Welton le Wold
|Welletone / tune: King's land; Bishop of Durham; Landric from Count Alan; Roger de Poitou; Ansgot. 2 mill-sites, mill, ¼ church.|
|Aschebi: King's land; Gilbert de Ghent and Roger from him; William Tailbois; Chetelbern from the king. Mill.|
Site of a Roman settlement; church with Norman features and circular, possibly Anglo-Saxon, windows.
|Westburg: Geoffrey Alselin and Ralph. Church, 2 mills.|
|Butrewic: Geoffrey de La Guerche. Mill.|
|Westbi: Count Alan and Colegrim from him; Colsuan; Robert of Stafford and Basuin from him.|
|Westdepinge: Godfrey de Cambrai. 4 mills.|
|Haltone: Earl Hugh and William FitzNeal from him, formerly Earl Harold.|
|Cale / Westrecale: Ivo Tailbois; Eudo FitzSpirwic; Chetelbern from the king. Church, mill.|
|Westledebi: Ivo Tailbois and Odo from him; William de Percy and Ralph from him.|
Part of Old Somerby.
|Wes(t)orp: Walter d'Aincourt and Raynald from him. 3 mills.|
|Westune: Ivo Tailbois; Guy de Craon.|
|Rase: Bishop of Bayeux and Wimund from him; Ralph Pagnell. 2 mills.|
Willoughby Hall; Willoughby Heath.
|Wilgebi: Robert de Vessey.|
|Westude: Geoffrey de La Guerche.|
|Copelade / Copolade: King's land; Abbot of Croyland; Count Alan and Landric from him; Guy de Craon.|
|Wizebi: Baldwin the Fleming.|
|Witenai: Henry de Ferrers and Saswalo from him.|
|Wichingebi / Whighingesbi: King's land; William de Percy and Osbern and Robert from him; Gocelin FitzLanbert.|
|Wilchesbi / Wilgesbi: King's land; Robert the Steward.|
Willingham (near Torksey)
Now Willingham by Stow.
|Welingeham / Wilingeham: Bishop of Bayeux and Ilbert from him; Bishop of Lincoln; Count Alan; Ilbert de Lacy; Gocelin FitzLanbert and Walo from him.|
Willoughby in the Marsh
Bronze Age barrows; church with Saxon stones; birthplace of John Smith (1580-1631), founder of Virginia.
|Wilgebi: Gilbert de Ghent and Rayner from him. Church (with Osbournby).|
Old moats mark the site of an ancient priory.
|Wilchetone: Waldin the Engineer; Odo the Arblaster. Roman and Anglo-Saxon relics.|
Stone quarries on the Heath; Anglo-Saxon church nave.
|Wivelesforde: Godfrey de Cambrai; Robert Malet. Church, mill.|
|Wivelestorp: Ivo Tailbois and Odo from him. 2 mills.|
|Wi(n)zebi: Earl Hugh; Gocelin FitzLanbert and Walter from him. 9 mills (with Brinkhill, etc.).|
The remains of a possible Roman jetty lie under the river bed.
|Wintringeham: Gilbert de Ghent and Robert from him. Church, 3 mills, ferry, fishery site.|
Small market town. The church has a partly Saxon tower.
|Wintretune / Wintrintone / tune: King's land; Earl Hugh; Henry de Ferrers; Norman d'Arci; Ernis de Burun; Ralph Pagnell; Durand Malet; Seward the priest from the king.|
|Wispinctune: Bishop of Durham; Eudo FitzSpirwic.|
Witham on the Hill
|Witham: Ansfrid and Asfort from Abbot of Peterborough; Colegrim from Drogo de Beuvriere; Gilbert de Ghent and Berewold from him; Ralph Pagnell and Hacon from him. Church, 2 mills (with Lound, etc.).|
Ancient village site nearby.
|Wichale / Widcale: Bishop of Bayeux and Ilbert from him; Rayner de Brimou; William Blunt. Church, 2 mills.|
|Widerne: Earl Hugh; Gilbert de Ghent and Raveman from him; Hugh FitzBaldric. Church, mill.|
|Neutone: Bishop of Durham and Walbert from him; Count Alan.|
|Endrebi: King's land; Robert the Steward.|
|Endretorp: Hugh FitzBaldric.|
Birthplace of Sir Isaac Newton (1642-1727). An inn in the village is named after him.
|Ulestane(s)torp: Robert de Tosny. Church, 4½ mills.|
|Udetone: Bishop of Lincoln and Roger from him; Norman d'Arci; Ralph de Mortimer. ½ mill (with Thornton Curtis, etc.).|
Church with an Anglo-Saxon tower.
|Uluricebi / Wirchebi: Bishop of Lincoln and Gocelin from him; Earl Hugh; Hugh FitzBaldric and Ralph from him.|
Worlaby (near Tetford)
|Wlurice(s)bi: Archbishop of York; Bishop of Durham.|
Once a market town; Norman work in the church.
|Waragebi: Ernis de Burun, formerly Countess Gudeta; Waldin the Engineer. Church, ½ mill, mill-site.|
|Weranghe / Werangle: Count Alan; Guy de Craon.|
|Waragebi: Ralph from Geoffrey Alselin. Church.|
Small town on the outskirts of Boston.
|Wibertone / tune: Count Alan; Guy de Craon. Church.|
|Widun: Bishop of Lincoln and Malger from him; Ivo Tailbois and Wimund from him.|
Wykeham (in Nettleton) Lost.
Wykeham Hall; ancient village site.
|Wicham: Roger de Poitou; Alfred of Lincoln; Hugh FitzBaldric; Rayner de Brimou.|
|Muuelle: Robert de Tosny.|