Part Saxon church.
|Suineberie: Hascoit Musard. Mill.|
Manor house and park.
|Salpretune: Hugh de Lasne.|
Sandhurst Scattered; timber-framed cottages; originally Saxon church.
Partly 14th century Daneway House.
|Sapletorne: Robert de Tosny. Mill.|
Jacobean manor house.
|Sevenhamtone: Durand from Bishop of Hereford.|
Sezincote House is in the Indian style (1803-5).
|Cheisnecot(e) / Chi(i)esnecote: Walter from Durand the Sheriff; Walter the Deacon; Urso of Worcester; Hascoit Musard; Humphrey Maidenhall.|
Small town with docks, on the River Severn and Gloucester to Berkeley Canal.
|Nesse: King's land (claimed by Roger).|
Birthplace of Astronomer-Royal James Bradley (1693-1762); 16th century house, deer park.
|Scireburne: Winchcombe Abbey. 4 mills.|
Sheriff's Haresfield Part of Haresfield.
Shipton Chamflurs Lost.
|Sciptone: Hugh from William d'Eu.|
An inn called the Cat and Custard Pot.
|Scip(e)tone: Matthew de Mortagne from the king; Rumbald from Matthew. 2 mills.|
Adjacent to Shipton Solers.
|Scip(e)tune: Geoffrey from William Leofric; Ansfrid de Cormeilles. Mill.|
Adjacent to Shipton Oliffe; Celtic cross in the churchyard.
|Scip(e)tune: Gundulf from Archbishop of York.|
Area near Cirencester.
|Shernecote: Humphrey the Chamberlain.|
|Sudintone / Suintone: Roger de Lacy with his mother holds it as her dowry; Hascoit Musard; Ansketel from Humphrey the Chamberlain. 2 mills.|
Siddington House. An inscribed stone from a Roman tomb, found in the 18th century, is in its grounds.
|Suditone: William FitzBaderon.|
Elizabethan manor, Siston Court.
|Sistone: Roger de Berkeley, formerly Anna.|
The old parsonage garden, with a moat, is the site of the old manor house. New Grounds by the river belongs to the Severn Wildfowl Trust.
|Heslinbruge: Roger from the king.|
Bronze Age and Stone Age finds; 16th century manor house, with a fine collection of musical instruments.
|Snawesville: Winchcombe Abbey.|
|Summreford: Gilbert, Bishop of Lisieux. Mill.|
Much new housing; large Tudor manor, Southam de la Bere.
|Surham: Durand the Sheriff from Bishop of Worcester.|
Gravel pits; Cotswold Water Park; street called Bow-wow.
|Cernei: Walter FitzRoger; Roger from Ralph de Tosny. 3 mills.|
Southwick Southwick Park, Southwick Farm.
Chest hospital in the grounds of former Standish House.
|Stanedis: Archbishop of York and Abbot of Gloucester, Durand the Sheriff and Earl Hugh (wrongfully) from him. ½ fishery.|
Two Tudor farmhouse.
|Stanlege: Tewkesbury Church from the king.|
Perfectly preserved Cotswold village; Tudor cottages.
|Stantone: Winchcombe Abbey.|
Aristocratic twin of Stanton; Cotswold cottages, barns. Tudor Stanway House has a Jacobean gatehouse.
|Stanwege: Tewkesbury Church from the king. Monastery, salthouse in Droitwich.|
Staunton Two giant stones, Suckstone and Buckstone.
|Staruenton: St. Denis's Church, Paris.|
House near Newnham.
|Staure: William FitzBaderon.|
Suburb of Bristol.
|Stoche: Bishop of Worcester.|
Stoke Park, a great 16th century mansion, is now a hospital.
|Estoch / Stoche: Osbern Giffard.|
|Stoches: Bernard and Reginald who refuse to do service to Bishop of Worcester.|
Small industrial town with 19th century mills; Tudor Stonehouse Court; Wycliffe College, 1882.
|Stanhus: William d'Eu. 2 mills, vines.|
|Stanuuelle: Archbishop of York. Mill.|
Small town near Cirencester; mill on the River Churn.
|Stratune: Roger de Lacy. 2 mills.|
Sudeley Castle, once the property of Richard III, was bought and restored by the Dent family in 1837.
|Sudlege: Harold FitzRalph. 6 mills.|
Now a suburb of Cheltenham; new housing estates.
|Suindone: Archbishop of York from St. Oswald's Church.|
|Side: Thurstan from Ansfrid de Cormeilles.|
Now Symonds Hall Farm.
|Simondeshale: King's land.|