Moated site, the position of the medieval village.
|Babetorp: Bishop of Durham.|
|Bagenton(e): Count of Mortain and Nigel Fossard from him; Hugh FitzBaldric and William from him.|
|Bardulbi: King's land; Bishop of Durham; Ralph Pagnell.|
Barmby on the Marsh
|Barnebi: Bishop of Durham.|
Barmby on the Moor
|King's land; Archbishop of York.|
Remains of manor house; late Bronze Age settlement.
|Benestone / tun: Drogo de Beuvriere.|
Moated Barnhill Hall.
|Berneheld / helt: Bishop of Durham.|
|Barche(r)torp: Count of Mortain; Odo the Crossbowman.|
Church, rebuilt in the late 14th century.
|Biuuorde: Drogo de Beuvriere. Church.|
|Ballebi / Bellebi: King's land.|
Now 2 hamlets, High Belthorpe, with a moated site, and Low Belthorpe.
|Balchetorp: Archbishop of York.|
|Bentone: Count of Mortain.|
|Beni(n)col: Drogo de Beuvriere.|
|Benedlage: Archbishop of York; Count of Mortain.|
|Basing(h)ebi: King's land.|
|Baseuuic / ewic: King's land and Nigel Fossard from the king; Count of Mortain. Mill.|
Prosperous mid-12th century trading centre for wool and cloth. An encompassing 13th century defensive ditch determined the street pattern of the town.
|Beureli: Archbishop of York and St. John's Church, Beverley, from him. 3 mills, fishery (7000 eels).|
|Begun: Manbodo from Drogo de Beuvriere.|
Bewick Hall, a farmhouse; moated site.
|Biuinch / Biuuich: Drogo de Beuvriere.|
|Bileton(e) / Billetone: Franco from Drogo de Beuvriere; Archbishop of York.|
|Bigneton / Binneton: Count of Mortain.|
|Brideshala / Briteshala / -hale: King's land; Archbishop of York; Nigel Fossard from Count of Mortain; Ulchil, the pre-Conquest holder, from the king.|
13th century church with a Norman carved figure; an earlier, 8th century church was founded by Puch, an Anglican chief.
|Burtone: Archbishop of York and Canons of St. John's Church, Beverley, from him.|
Norman church; moated site; round barrows on Callis Wold.
|Widton / Wilton(e): Archbishop of York. Church.|
|Bodelton: King's land. Archbishop of York. Carle from the king.|
|Boletorp: Bishop of Durham.|
Boynton Hall; fishponds.
|Bouinton(e) / Bouintorp / Alia Bouintone: King's land; Count of Mortain.|
|Brachen: Erneis de Buron.|
|Brachene(l)holm: Bishop of Durham; Gilbert de Tison.|
Manor house; medieval village cross.
|Bortun / Brantisburtone / -tune / Branzbortune / Burtun: Archbishop of York; Drogo de Beuvriere; William Malet, according to the men of Holderness.|
|Bre(n)dingham / Brenting(e)ham / Bretingham: Bishop of Durham; Nigel Fossard from Count of Mortain; Robert Malet.|
|(Alia) Bretingham / Brentingham: Bishop of Durham.|
|Bricstune / Briston(e) / tun: Ralph de Mortimer.|
Town with the church of the Augustinian Priory founded c.1115.
|Bredinton / Bretlinton: King's land. Count of Mortain. Church.|
Manor house; moated site.
|Bringeham: King's land. Count of Mortain.|
|Bubuid: Ralph de Mortimer; Gilbert de Tison and Richard from him.|
Adjoining Bempton; formerly Buckton Holms.
|Bocheton(e): King's land; Earl Hugh; Count of Mortain; Berengar de Tosny; Hugh FitzBaldric. 2 mills, church.|
|Buchetorp / Bug(h)etorp: Archbishop of York; Odo the Crossbowman.|
|Bred(d)ale / Bredhalle: King's land; Hugh FitzBaldric.|
Burland Hall; moat.
|Birland: Bishop of Durham; Gilbert de Tison.|
|Brunebi: King's land; Archbishop of York and Geoffrey from him; Robert Malet; William de Percy; Archbishop held the manor before 1066.|
North Park and South Park show where the Earl of Aumale had his game parks in the mid-13th century.
|Bro(c)stewic: Drogo de Beuvriere.|
The Old Hall, built by Robert de Stuteville (c.1170), has a vaulted undercroft with piers and carved water leaf capitals. Romano-British settlement site nearby.
|Bortona / Burton(e): King's land.|
Late 16th century manor house.
|Santriburtone: Archbishop of York.|
|Bortun(e): Drogo de Beuvriere.|
Neolithic round barrow.
|Berg(u)etorp: King's land; Berengar de Tosny.|
|Buturid: Count of Mortain.|